The Lisa + Douglas Goldman Tennis Center in Golden Gate Park, a public facility owned by the City of San Francisco, is managed by Lifetime Activities.
Amenities at the GTC:
- 16 USTA regulation tennis courts
- 5 mini courts that can be used for pickleball or mini tennis
- Lights on all courts for nighttime play
- A 7,800-square foot clubhouse with a players lounge, small pro shop, locker rooms, a shower, kitchen and other amenities
- Garden and patio areas for viewing and community gatherings
- A dedicated online court reservation system
The Role of the Tennis Coalition SF at the GTC
We launched the Tennis Coalition SF to strengthen public tennis in San Francisco with our signature project: the Campaign for Golden Gate Park Tennis Center. In partnership with SF Rec & Park and the SF Parks Alliance, we succeeded in raising $27 million to build a beautiful, state-of-the-art public tennis center that is accessible and affordable to all. We are thrilled that the Lisa + Douglas Goldman Tennis Center opened to the public on March 3, 2021.
With the Goldman Tennis Center (GTC) open, the Tennis Coalition SF will focus on three major areas:
- Successfully launching the GTC as the hub of public tennis in San Francisco
- Spotlighting youth tennis at the GTC
- Stewarding and protecting public tennis in San Francisco
The Tennis & Learning Center (TLC) program
SF Rec & Park’s TLC program provides academic support and tennis instruction after school and in the summer to students from underserved neighborhoods in San Francisco. With the renovation of the Golden Gate Park Tennis Center, students who advance from TLC’s elementary school program can now come to Golden Gate Park as middle schoolers.
TLC students will study and have access to academic enrichment services in a dedicated classroom and will have the opportunity to improve their tennis skills on the brand new courts and study in the outdoor garden area.
Corner of Nancy Pelosi Dr &
Bowling Green Dr,
Golden Gate Park
Video Tour of the Lisa + Douglas Goldman Tennis Center
Golden Gate Park Tennis News
Questions? Please contact:
Paula Murphy, Executive Director