City leaders, major donors and members of the tennis community came together on April 15th to celebrate one year since the Goldman Tennis Center opened to the public. The festivities included remarks by San Francisco Mayor London Breed, major donors Douglas Goldman and Tad Taube, Rec and Parks General Manager Phil Ginsburg and Tennis Coalition Co-Chairs Martha Ehrenfeld and Lois Salisbury.
The birthday celebration continued with a special award ceremony. Arthur Kapetanakis of Racquet Sports Industry Magazine presented the Goldman Tennis Center with the “Public Tennis Facility of the Year” award.
The University of San Francisco’s men’s tennis team capped things off with an amazing display of tennis on the Taube Feature Court. Goldman Tennis Center has been USF’s home court since it opened last year.
- Five Questions for…Brett Meyer, New Tennis Coalition SF Board Member
- Five Questions for…Betsy Kemp, General Manager of the Goldman Tennis Center
- Five Questions for…Swupnil Sahai, Co-Founder & CEO of SwingVision
- Read TCSF Co-Chair Martha Ehrenfeld’s response to Heather Knight’s Chronicle column regarding “Pickleball players fight to obtain more city courts”
- Five Questions for…Debbie Gersten, Captain of the Goldman Tennis Center’s 5.0 18+ Women’s Team