On December 6th the Lisa & Douglas Goldman Tennis Center received two more awards:
- Racquet Sports Industry (RSI) "Public Tennis Facility of the Year". This will be featured in RSI's January issue "Champions of Tennis" magazine that reaches 18,000 tennis specialty shops, sporting goods stores, tennis clubs, hotels, resorts and spas.
- American Sports Builders Association(ASBA) " Outdoor Tennis Facility of the Year". The award is "In Recognition of Excellence in Design and Construction". The ASBA is the governing body that the USTA and ITF use for the construction and facility rules for all tennis venues.
Past recipients include the USTA National Campus in Florida and the Hard Rock Stadium, which hosts the Miami Open – putting GTC in very prestigious company.
Vintage Contractors nominated GTC for the award on behalf of all the renovation project partners. Vintage provided pro-bono design and pre-construction consulting since the early days, and worked with Azul, the general contractor, to build the asphalt substrate, and provide surfacing and tennis fencing and other tennis-related services.Chip Moreland, President of Sales & Operations, and members of the Vintage team were on hand to receive the awards at the ASBA annual meeting in Florida on December 6th.News of the award will be featured in the racquet sports industry magazine in 2022. This is not the first award for GTC. Earlier in the year ehdd, the architecture firm that designed the facility, received the Leading Edge design award from AIA California. And in case you missed it, here’s a link to a video that Vintage created about the project: https://youtu.be/x1jjC6-ueoc Photo: Chip Moreland, Tony Edwards, Liz Simmons, Stephanie Tang and Stephen Okea.
- Five Questions for…Betsy Kemp, General Manager of the Goldman Tennis Center
- Five Questions for…Swupnil Sahai, Co-Founder & CEO of SwingVision
- Read TCSF Co-Chair Martha Ehrenfeld’s response to Heather Knight’s Chronicle column regarding “Pickleball players fight to obtain more city courts”
- Five Questions for…Debbie Gersten, Captain of the Goldman Tennis Center’s 5.0 18+ Women’s Team
- 4th US Open Watch Party and Community Tennis Day