Proposals on display March 8 – 22, 2018
The San Francisco Arts Commission is working with the SF Recreation and Park Department, the Tennis Coalition of San Francisco, and the San Francisco Parks Alliance to commission a signature public artwork for the Golden Gate Park Tennis Center. As part of the upcoming renovation of the Tennis Center, the artwork is intended to inspire and engage the users of the space and enhance their connection to recreation.
Three artists were chosen as finalists by a Public Art Selection Panel to create site-specific artwork proposals for this opportunity: Susan Logoreci, Sanaz Mazinani and Muzae Sesay. You can view their proposals on the Arts Commission’s website or at the Tennis Center located at Nancy Pelosi Drive and Bowling Green Drive from March 8 – 22, 2018.
Give us your feedback! Public comment forms are available on the Arts Commission’s website and at the Tennis Center. Your comments will be shared with the Public Art Selection Panel prior to voting on the proposals.
The Final Selection Panel meeting will take place on Monday, March 26, 2018 from 1:00– 5:00 p.m. at 401 Van Ness Avenue, Room 302. All Artist Selection Panel meetings are open to the public and include a period for public comment. An agenda for the meeting will be posted 72 hours in advance on the Arts Commission’s website under the Public Meeting section: www.sfartscommission.org/calendar.
View proposals and give your feedback!
March 8 – 22, 2018
In person: GGP Tennis Center
Online: SFAC website
- Five Questions for…Betsy Kemp, General Manager of the Goldman Tennis Center
- Five Questions for…Swupnil Sahai, Co-Founder & CEO of SwingVision
- Read TCSF Co-Chair Martha Ehrenfeld’s response to Heather Knight’s Chronicle column regarding “Pickleball players fight to obtain more city courts”
- Five Questions for…Debbie Gersten, Captain of the Goldman Tennis Center’s 5.0 18+ Women’s Team
- 4th US Open Watch Party and Community Tennis Day