Cal Club 14 & Under Intermediate Team Wins Nationals
Congratulations to the Cal Tennis Club 14 & Under Intermediate team who won their section at the Nationals tournament in Orlando. They are the first Junior team from NorCal to win the Team Tennis championships! The players, 8th and 9th graders, “really got along well and liked playing and being around with each other. You could see that when they were on the sidelines cheering and pulling for one another,” said JT Sundling, one of the coaches (the others are Matt Berry and Steve Jackson).
“It was a really cool event to be a part of,” said Sundling. “The new facility in Orlando is a pretty awesome place. I’m really proud of the team. They earned it, that’s for sure.”
Youth Tennis Advantage’s McLaren Park 14 & Under Team Competed in the Advanced Section of Nationals
Juniors from Youth Tennis Advantage’s McLaren Park program were thrilled to travel to Orlando, FL to compete in the National Junior Team Tennis Competition September 21 - 24. The team qualified in the 14 & Under Coed Advanced section, competing against the top 16 teams in the Nation. Nationals were held at the new USTA National Campus, a spectacular, state-of-the-art venue. Our kids competed like champs in the hot and humid, very un-San Francisco-like weather, representing YTA and NorCal proudly. One player on the team was singled out twice for exceptional sportsmanship and the team won first place in the Banner competition. They competed on hard courts outdoors and indoors, and even got some practice in on the red clay courts. An amazing experience for the players and coaches.
- Five Questions for…Betsy Kemp, General Manager of the Goldman Tennis Center
- Five Questions for…Swupnil Sahai, Co-Founder & CEO of SwingVision
- Read TCSF Co-Chair Martha Ehrenfeld’s response to Heather Knight’s Chronicle column regarding “Pickleball players fight to obtain more city courts”
- Five Questions for…Debbie Gersten, Captain of the Goldman Tennis Center’s 5.0 18+ Women’s Team
- 4th US Open Watch Party and Community Tennis Day