The Tennis Coalition is delighted to have been awarded a $1500 grant from the Bay Area Sports Hall of Fame (BASHOF) to support public youth tennis. The BASHOF, whose motto is “To help kids play sports”, has been supporting youth athletics since 1979, while also honoring Bay Area legends in sport.
As per the BASHOF grant criteria, the Tennis Coalition funds are earmarked for athletic equipment, such as nets, ring targets, Quick Start tennis court lines, tennis balls and junior racquets. The Tennis Coalition will consult with the San Francisco Recreation & Parks department to decide what equipment to buy and for which public courts.
Tennis stars who have been inducted into the BASHOF include:
Visit the virtual Hall of Fame
- Five Questions for…Betsy Kemp, General Manager of the Goldman Tennis Center
- Five Questions for…Swupnil Sahai, Co-Founder & CEO of SwingVision
- Read TCSF Co-Chair Martha Ehrenfeld’s response to Heather Knight’s Chronicle column regarding “Pickleball players fight to obtain more city courts”
- Five Questions for…Debbie Gersten, Captain of the Goldman Tennis Center’s 5.0 18+ Women’s Team
- 4th US Open Watch Party and Community Tennis Day