The Battle of the Bay Tennis Tournament, now in its 9th year, is scheduled for Sept 22-24, 2017. This Division 1 Collegiate co-ed tennis challenge is played at the Cal Club and needs volunteer ball people!
- AGE: Adults, teens and children over 8 yrs. ALL WELCOME. No need to be a Cal Club member.
- TIME FRAME: shifts are three hours throughout the Tournament
- Friday, September 22: 9am to 12pm; 12pm to 3pm; 3pm to 6pm
- Saturday, September 23: 9am to 12pm; 12pm to 3pm; 3pm to 6pm
- Sunday, September 24: 9am to 12pm; 12pm to 3pm
Sign up for as many shifts as possible. They especially need adults on Friday, September 22 at 9am while the kids are in school.
TRAINING: volunteers will receive brief training (that’s all you need) before their assigned match, a t-shirt to wear on the court, and complimentary lunch.
Note, many schools offer credit for community service hours for being a ball person at this event.
Sign up today to be a ball person and learn court strategy from top ranked college players!
Please email Julie Feldstein at firstname.lastname@example.org with the shifts for which you'd like to volunteer.
- Five Questions for…Swupnil Sahai, Co-Founder & CEO of SwingVision
- Read TCSF Co-Chair Martha Ehrenfeld’s response to Heather Knight’s Chronicle column regarding “Pickleball players fight to obtain more city courts”
- Five Questions for…Debbie Gersten, Captain of the Goldman Tennis Center’s 5.0 18+ Women’s Team
- 4th US Open Watch Party and Community Tennis Day
- First Ever TCSF Triples Fundraiser