Left to right: Jamila Perlas, TLC middle school director; Bob Bryan, Mike Bryan; Phil Ginsburg, SF Rec & Park general manager; and Channing Hale, TLC citywide program coordinator. Also pictured is the Bryan Brothers' dad Wayne, who emceed the event. Photo by Stephen Porter.
On October 2, 2021, the Bryan Brothers announced that their foundation was donating $10,000 to SF Rec & Park's Tennis & Learning Center (TLC) program.
Twins Mike and Bob made the announcement during the Tennis Coalition's Rockin' with the Bryan Brothers fundraiser, at which their band performed (yes, they are musicians too!). Earlier that day they hosted a free community clinic for youth (read more). Both events were held at the Lisa & Douglas Goldman Tennis Center.
Youth development programs like TLC are near and dear to the Bryans' heart and central to the mission of their foundation.
According to their website: "The Foundation's mission is to identify and support charities and causes that help deserving kids and kids' programs. We also seek out children in need, working with them directly to ensure that they have the opportunities they need to succeed. In everything we do, we will promote the ideals of sports and education, emphasizing tennis, music and the arts, to reinforce the values of hard work, dedication and perseverance and striving mightily for your goals and dreams."
TLC is an out-of-school-time program that promotes academic achievement, health and wellness, and social-emotional development through the sport of tennis. Learn more about TLC.
Thank you Mike and Bob for supporting San Francisco youth and the TLC program!
- Five Questions for…Betsy Kemp, General Manager of the Goldman Tennis Center
- Five Questions for…Swupnil Sahai, Co-Founder & CEO of SwingVision
- Read TCSF Co-Chair Martha Ehrenfeld’s response to Heather Knight’s Chronicle column regarding “Pickleball players fight to obtain more city courts”
- Five Questions for…Debbie Gersten, Captain of the Goldman Tennis Center’s 5.0 18+ Women’s Team
- 4th US Open Watch Party and Community Tennis Day