The Tennis Coalition is delighted to have been awarded a $1500 grant from the Bay Area Sports Hall of Fame (BASHOF) to support public youth tennis. The BASHOF, whose motto is “To help kids play sports”, has been supporting youth athletics since 1979, while also honoring Bay Area legends in sport.
As per the BASHOF grant criteria, the Tennis Coalition funds are earmarked for athletic equipment, such as nets, ring targets, Quick Start tennis court lines, tennis balls and junior racquets. The Tennis Coalition will consult with the San Francisco Recreation & Parks department to decide what equipment to buy and for which public courts.
Tennis stars who have been inducted into the BASHOF include:
Visit the virtual Hall of Fame
- Five Questions for…Max Ortiz, New Tennis Coalition SF Board Member
- Five Questions for Summer Verhoeven, USTA NorCal Executive Director
- The Goldman Tennis Center Celebrates One Year
- Five Questions For… Jennifer Lau, New Tennis Coalition SF Board Member
- Five Questions for… JT Sundling, Coach of the USF Men’s Tennis Team