The Tennis Coalition is delighted to have been awarded a $1500 grant from the Bay Area Sports Hall of Fame (BASHOF) to support public youth tennis. The BASHOF, whose motto is “To help kids play sports”, has been supporting youth athletics since 1979, while also honoring Bay Area legends in sport.
As per the BASHOF grant criteria, the Tennis Coalition funds are earmarked for athletic equipment, such as nets, ring targets, Quick Start tennis court lines, tennis balls and junior racquets. The Tennis Coalition will consult with the San Francisco Recreation & Parks department to decide what equipment to buy and for which public courts.
Tennis stars who have been inducted into the BASHOF include:
Visit the virtual Hall of Fame
- Fearless Tennis: Optimize your time between points
- Groundbreaking Ceremony at Golden Gate Park Tennis Center
- RPD launching free online reservation system for tennis and pickleball courts
- Bryan Brothers honor coach Dick Gould with donation to the Campaign for GGPTC
- Fearless Tennis: Become a taskmaster when closing out a lead