Since tennis started up again on June 6, San Francisco’s public courts have been busy! SF Rec & Park reports that the use of the online reservation system, Spotery, has increased significantly compared to pre-pandemic activity. Popular courts, such as those at Dolores Park, continue to be booked regularly, and some other normally quiet courts, like those at McLaren and Larsen, have seen an uptick in usage.
Rec & Park remains concerned that social distancing might be difficult to maintain if players wait to get on busy tennis courts. To minimize the risk of players clustering while they wait for a court, they are proposing to expand the courts on the system. Currently there are 23 parks across the city with courts available by reservation. Rec & Park proposes adding some new parks as well as adding more courts at existing sites (parks with multiple courts currently have a mix of reservable and walk-on courts).
Several weeks ago, RPD staff posted signage about the expansion at the reservable courts and is seeking comments from the community before July 10, when the expansion is slated to begin. Comments can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Alice Marble – Expand from 2 to 4 courts
- Balboa Park – Expand from 2 to 4 courts
- Crocker Amazon – Expand from 1 to 3 courts
- DuPont – Expand from 2 to 4 courts
- Hamilton Rec – Expand from 1 to 2 courts
- P. Murphy – Expand from 1 to 3 courts
- Lafayette Park – 2 NEW courts!
- McLaren Park – Expand from 4 to 6 courts
- Minnie & Lovie Ward – Expand from 1 to 2 courts
- Miraloma Park – 1 NEW court!
- Moscone Rec – Expand from 2 to 4 courts
- Mountain Lake – Expand from 2 to 4 courts
- Parkside Square – Expand from 2 to 4 courts
- Potrero Hill Rec – Expand from 1 to 2 courts
- Presidio Wall Playground – Expand from 2 to 4 courts
- Saint Mary's Playground – Expand from 1 to 2 courts
- Sunset Rec – Expand from 1 to 2 courts
Walk-up courts are still available at the following parks:
- Alamo Square
- Alice Chalmers
- Alta Plaza
- Buena Vista
- Cayuga Noe Valley
- Corona Heights
- Dolores Park (3 of 6 courts are walk-up)
- Eureka Valley
- George Christopher
- Glen Park (1 of 2 courts are walk-up)
- Golden Gate Heights
- Grattan Playground
- Hayes Valley
- Helen Wills
- Holly Park
- James Rolph Jr.
- Joe DiMaggio Tennis Courts (2 of 3 courts are walk-up)
- Junipero Serra
- Laurel Hill
- Margaret S. Hayward
- McCoppin Square
- Merced Heights
- Mission Playground
- Silver Terrace
- South Sunset
- State Street
- Stern Grove
- West Portal
- West Sunset
- Willie "Woo Woo" Wong
- Youngblood Coleman
More information about the online system: https://sfrecpark.org/1188/Tennis-Court-Reservations.
Current list of reservable courts: https://sfrecpark.org/1446/Reservable-Tennis-Courts
Further inquiries, email: email@example.com